BSAVA Virtual Congress Attendee Code of Conduct
BSAVA is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants at our meetings and events. We want to replicate that through our virtual event so please participate, encourage others to do so and use all the opportunities to engage through the various channels.
All attendees, including but not limited to members, delegates, speakers, staff members, exhibitors, sponsors and all others are asked to abide by BSAVA’s virtual Congress Attendee Code of Conduct. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these guidelines:
• Keep in mind that online interaction can be easily misconstrued and debate can quickly become heated, we ask all users to be mindful of the tone of their messages, and avoid offensive or derogatory language. Where users disagree, offer your perspective constructively, and avoid comments about personality, individual approach or any specific organisation’s problems.
• All engagements through the various channels should be polite and respectful. Harassing, intimidating or discriminatory verbal, physical or visual conduct in any form or posting inappropriate, graphic or profane images, to include wearing clothing with graphic, inappropriate or profane images or slogans
• Disruption of presentations or verbal abuse of any other attendees, including speakers, staff and sponsors will not be tolerated • Use caution when discussing products. Information posted is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
• Do not post promotional materials, including but not limited to advertisements, product announcements or solicitation for services, aside from those permitted to event sponsors/exhibitors/partners
• Data Protection regulations must be followed for any personal data you may obtain from the event and consent must be obtained from the data subject to process, store, use or share this data
Challenging ideas and statements play a part at events but please do so in a polite, constructive and professional manner.
To protect the security of BSAVA virtual congress, attendees are asked not to share login credentials with unregistered individuals.
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated during any portion of the event regardless of the platform. BSAVA reserves the right to remove messages that violate the BSAVA Virtual Congress Code of Conduct. Individuals who violate the BSAVA Virtual Congress Code of Conduct may be removed & blocked from the event without warning or refund. They may also be prohibited from attending any future BSAVA events.